Issue #17137 has been updated by mrkn (Kenta Murata).

There were three reasons why I started rubylang/ruby as separated from Dock=
er's official ruby.
 =

The first reason is that my personal reason. I needed a simplest pure ruby =
image.  This image should be in the state after `make install` without any =
additional patches and there is no environment variables defined.

The second is I wanted to provide a nightly build image of the master branc=
h.  I assumed that the main use cases of this image is testing gems with th=
e latest master branch.

The last reason is that I want to maintain the minimum number of images.  S=
o rubylang/ruby now provides only bionic-based images.

Moreover, I guess tfhe purposes of this and docker's images are different. =
 Is Docker's image designed for the base image of Rails applications that r=
un on a production environment?  The images of rubylang/ruby aren't.

As you mentioned, indeed, I started rubylang/ruby with Dockerfile of Docker=
's image. But It doesn't mean I tried to follow Docker's image.

I don't know how can we cooperate.  Any ideas?

Misc #17137: Cooperation on maintaining official docker ruby images