Issue #15236 has been updated by palkan (Vladimir Dementyev).

For all interested in this feature, I've added support for it in the latest Ruby Next (Ruby transpiler) release (https://github.com/ruby-next/ruby-next/releases/tag/v0.10.0), so it should be easier to give it a try and share opinions.

Feature #15236: add support for hash shorthand

* Author: ignatiusreza (Ignatius Reza Lesmana)
PR in github: https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/1990

inspired by javascript support for object literal shorthand notation `{ a }`, which will be expanded into `{ a: a }`..

to avoid ambiguity, this shorthand is only supported when hash is defined with `{ }` notation.. in other situation where the brackets is optional, e.g. function call, we still need to write it in full (`m(a : a)` instead of `m(a)`, or `m(a, b, c: c)` instead of `m(a, b, c)`..

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/