On 1/20/07, Jos Backus <jos / catnook.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 02:18:19AM +0900, Jos Backus wrote:

[...]

> As an aside, a while ago I ran into the fact that Process is a built-in class
> whereas I wanted my own class to be named Process instead, given that I wasn't
> going to use the built-in Process class anyway.

Maybe, you can copy the Process class to ProcessOriginal and then
extend the Process class to fit your desired behavior. (I don't now
how to "dup" a class : maybe the dup method do the job ; I haven't
checked)

> Perhaps it would be better if Ruby made less classes available without
> require'ing them (maybe limited to a set of primitives). So to get what one
> has today one would say

The ruby-core is already small. I think it's hard to split it in
several sub groups and starting doing that is the first step to an
unless sub grouping...

Cheers,

--
Nicolas DesprÔ‘