Issue #6596 has been updated by sawa (Tsuyoshi Sawada).

TylerRick (Tyler Rick) wrote in #note-23:
> What can I do to help move this proposal forward?

Provide a use case.

Feature #6596: New method `Array#indexes`

* Author: robin850 (Robin Dupret)
* Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
I submitted a pull request on Github that provides a new method `Array#indexes`. It departs from `Array#index` in such a way that it returns an array of indexes and not the single first occurrence that is relevant.

The reason I want this method is that I don't understand why `Array#index` returns a single index if the parameter is in the array several times.

Examples

```ruby
a = [1, 2, 3, 1]
a.indexes(1) #=> [0, 3]
a.index(1) # => 0
```

In my opinion, it's not logical to return only a single index since `1` is in the array twice.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/