Issue #17053 has been updated by marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune).

burdettelamar / yahoo.com (Burdette Lamar) wrote:
> My view has been this:  This is API reference documentation.  Ruby/ruby should have *the reference documentation*, and therefore should omit nothing.

This is a very ambitious goal I'm not sure I share completely. Taking for example the documentation for `Hash`, one would need to talk about covariance of methods returning a hash (i.e. `Class.new(Hash).new.select{}.class` vs `Class.new(Hash).new.merge({}).class`), of treatment of a key `Float::NAN` (which is not `eql?` to itself), of recursive hashes, of the arity of enumerators (see https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/14015#note-8 ), of the performance of hash lookup / insertion...

All these details can not be repeated for each method, the same way we can't quote in full the floating point standard for `Float#+` and repeat it for `Float#-`, etc. On that subject, an example with `0.1 + 0.2` might be helpful though.

Misc #17053: RDoc for Hash Keys