Issue #17016 has been updated by parker (Parker Finch).

mame (Yusuke Endoh) wrote in #note-14:
> Is this what you want?
>
> ```
> irb(main):001:0> (1..).lazy.enum_for(:inject, 0).map {|a, b| a + b }.take(10).force
> => [1, 3, 6, 10, 15, 21, 28, 36, 45, 55]
> ```

Oh interesting, I hadn't considered that approach! That is very close to the behavior of the scan operation, and might be a good way to implement it. (The only difference in behavior I see is that the first element (`0`) is not included in the resulting enumerator with this `enum_for` approach.)

Are you suggesting that we should use that approach instead of implementing a built-in `scan` method? Or is the example to clarify what the behavior of the `scan` method would be?

Feature #17016: Enumerable#scan_left