Issue #17006 has been reported by sawa (Tsuyoshi Sawada).

Feature #17006: Let `Kernel#Hash` take a block to provide the default value
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/17006

* Author: sawa (Tsuyoshi Sawada)
Sometimes, we need to create a hash that has explicit key-value pairs as well as a default value, but there has not been a way to do that at once. The most naive way is to do like this:

```ruby
h = {a: 1, b: 2}
h.default_proc = ->(k, v){raise "Unknown key #{k}"}
h # => ...
```

A more sophisticated way is this:

```ruby
Hash.new{|k, v| raise "Unknown key #{k}"}.merge({a: 1, b: 2})
```

But that is still not short enough, and it also looks backwards, i.e., we usually want to specify the explicit key-value pairs before the default value.

My proposal is to allow `Kernel#Hash` to take a block that provides the default value in the same way as the block of `Hash.new`:

```ruby
Hash({a: 1, b: 2}){|k, v| raise "Unknown key #{k}"}
```

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/