Issue #16972 has been reported by Dan0042 (Daniel DeLorme).

Feature #16972: Pathname#mkpath to accept block to call on each created directory
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/16972

* Author: Dan0042 (Daniel DeLorme)
I just had a case where I need to set the permissions on each directory created by Pathname#mkpath, but since this requires to know which directories are created I had to reimplement the mkpath logic like this:

```ruby
file = Pathname.new(Dir.pwd) + "a/b/c/d/e/foo.txt"  #any of these directories may already exist

file.dirname.ascend.take_while{ |d| !d.exist? }.reverse_each do |dir|
  dir.mkdir
  dir.chmod(0775) #rwxrwxr-x
end
```

It occured to me it would be very elegant if mkpath allowed this

```ruby
file.dirname.mkpath{ |dir| dir.chmod(0775) }
```

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/