I would think this is just the errno you get from `execve(2)`.
Ruby itself doesn't try to read the shebang.

So not sure Ruby can do much here.
`man execve` on Linux says:
> ENOENT The file pathname or a script or ELF interpreter does not exist, o=
r a shared library needed for the  file  or  interpreter cannot be found.

OTOH I think Bash has its own handling and actually reads the shebang (I'm =
not sure why, and it makes it all more confusing).

Bug #16952: Kernel.exec gives an incorrect error message when passed a scri=
pt with a non-existing shebang

* Author: deivid (David Rodr=EDguez)
* ruby -v: ruby 2.7.1p83 (2020-03-31 revision a0c7c23c9c) [x86_64-linux]
```
$ cat myscript.rb =

#!/bad/ruby/shebang

puts "Hei!"

$ ruby -e 'Kernel.exec("myscript.rb")'

Traceback (most recent call last):
	1: from -e:1:in `<main>'
-e:1:in `exec': No such file or directory - myscript.rb (Errno::ENOENT)
```

From the error, I understand that the script is not there, but the script i=
s clearly there.

I would've expected something more similar to what you get if you try to ru=
n the script directly from the shell:

```
$ ./myscript.rb =

bash: ./myscript.rb: /bad/ruby/shebang: bad interpreter: No such file or di=
rectory
```

-- =

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/