Issue #16378 has been updated by jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans).

jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans) wrote in #note-12:
> Eregon (Benoit Daloze) wrote in #note-10:
> > @jeremyevans0 or @nobu Could you implement it on `master`?
>
> I've implemented basic support, which passes make check: https://github.com/jeremyevans/ruby/commit/672901facca6f88ae40b4ea8ef59ef04efd5a5de
>
> I think ripper support is probably broken for it, and the idFWD_KWREST sections (not currently enabled) are probably also wrong.
>
> @nobu, could you please fix the ripper support and idFWD_KWREST sections?

From my testing, the existing idFWD_KWREST sections for `...` without leading arguments are already broken.  Defining `RUBY3_KEYWORDS` in parse.y results in broken code such as args being dropped and `no implicit conversion of nil into Hash (TypeError)` when using super. So I don't think there is a point trying to get idFWD_KWREST sections working for leading arguments currently.  We are not going to want to switch to idFWD_KWREST sections until we drop `ruby2_keywords` support, as `ruby2_keywords` is significantly faster.

I updated the commit to add ripper support, and added a pull request for it: https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/3190

Feature #16378: Support leading arguments together with ...

* Author: Eregon (Benoit Daloze)
* Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
* Target version: 3.0
I think this is very important, otherwise `...` can be used only very rarely.

For instance, `method_missing` typically want to access the method name like:
```ruby
def method_missing(name, ...)
  if name.to_s.end_with?('?')
    self[name]
  else
    fallback(name, ...)
```

See the original feature: https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/16253#note-19.
I think most people expect `def method_missing(name, ...)` to work.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/