I get your point. But to my eyes, `==>` is even uglier. It's easily confused with other operators which do not correspond with lambdas but association operators (hash rockets) or comparison operators.
I am not yet convinced having a new lambda operator without braces around the body is **that** important, despite the possibility of the above confusion.

Matz.

Feature #16898: Modify the syntax of -> lambda expressions in ruby3

* Author: jackmaple (maple jack)
Hello ruby team.
Can we modify the syntax of lambda expressions in ruby3?
The current definition of lambda expression was added in ruby1.9, but this syntax looks too tedious.
``` ruby
lambda {|x| x + 1}   #This looks elegant.
#but...In lambda expression body, when there is only one line of statement
-> x {x + 1}    #Can the braces be removed?
-> x do x + 1 end  #As above, can the do ... end block be removed?
```
So are we going to abandon some historical issues? To modify -> lambda syntax?
It looks like this:
``` ruby
x -> x + 1
(x,y) -> x + y
x -> y -> x + y
x -> {
   x + 1
   x + 2
}
```
I think do..end or braces are only needed when there are multiple lines of code,lambda expression if there is only one statement should not need parentheses or do ... end block.
Thanks.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/