Issue #16833 has been updated by marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune).

Enumerators can behave very differently than arrays. Some have side-effects. What's supposed to happen with those?

```
require 'stringio'
s = StringIO.new("first\nsecond\nthird\nlast").each_line
s.first # => "first"
s.first # => "second"
s.empty? # => false
s.first # => "third" or "last"?
s.empty? # => false or true?
```

You may want to rethink your algorithm, or simply call `to_a` once and act on the array.

For similar reasons, `Enumerator#size` exist and is lazy, but it may return `nil` (e.g. `s.size` above) so wouldn't completely serve your purpose either.

For these reason I think you should either close your request or elaborate on an actual use case where a generic enumerator is being used, as well as the actual effect of `empty?` on external iterators, ...

Feature #16833: Add Enumerator#empty?