Issue #16827 has been reported by mrkn (Kenta Murata).

Feature #16827: C API for writing custom random number generator that can be used as Random objects
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/16827

* Author: mrkn (Kenta Murata)
* Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
I want to write custom random number generators (RNGs) that can be used as an alternative to a Random object.
Now custom RNGs with `#rand` method can be used for that purpose, but there is the method call overhead in the current implementation because `#rand` method is called through `rb_funcallv_public`.
I want C API for writing RNGs because all of the random number generator algorithms I want to write are originally written in C.

Nobu already created [a pull-request](https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/3024) for such purpose.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/