Feature #16812: Allow slicing arrays with ArithmeticSequence

* Author: zverok (Victor Shepelev)
* Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
I believe when concepts of ArithmeticSequence and `Range#%` were introduced, one of the main intended usages was array slicing in scientific data processing. So, it seems to make sense to allow this in `Array#[]`:

```ruby
ary[(5..20) % 2] # each second element between 5 and 20
ary[(0..) % 3] # each third element
ary[10.step(by: -1)] # elements 10, 9, 8, 7 ....
```

PR is [here](https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/3055).

My reasoning is as follows:
1. As stated above, ArithmeticSequence and `Range#%` seem to have been introduced exactly for this goal
2. Python has its slicing syntax as `begin:end:step` (with a possibility to omit either), and it seems to be well respected and used feature for data processing. So I believe it is useful, and relatively easy to integrate into existing functionality

I expect the usual "it is ugly and unreadable!" backlash.
I don't have an incentive, nor energy, to "defend" the proposal, so I would not.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/