Issue #16794 has been reported by Dan0042 (Daniel DeLorme).

Feature #16794: Rightward operators
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/16794

* Author: Dan0042 (Daniel DeLorme)
While reading #15921 (r-assign) and #16670 (reverse pattern matching order) I felt a certain commonality to these and #15799 (pipeline) and I thought maybe there's currently a narrow window of opportunity to adopt an overarching and harmonious syntax for all of these "rightward" operations, rather than ad-hoc syntax for each.

I am **not** suggesting that all of the operators below should be adopted, or implemented at once, or exactly as-is; rather the idea is that the proposals linked above surrounding righward-ness could share elements in order to make them easy to distinguish from previous/existing syntax.

So here go the (wild) ideas:

`=|>`
rightward assignment: `expr =|> var` is equivalent to `var = expr`, also allow `rescue =|> err` for consistency.

`~|>`
rightward destructuring assignment / pattern match: `expr ~|> pattern` is equivalent to `expr in pattern`, just more natural when doing assignment without a pattern match (i.e. no possibiilty of NoMatchingPatternError). And maybe could be allowed as expression/condition?

`|>`
pipe to first argument of right-side method: `expr |> foo(1)` is equivalent to `foo(expr,1)`

`|>>`
pipe to last argument of right-side method: `expr |>> foo(1)` is equivalent to `foo(1,expr)`

`**|>`
pipe hash to keyword arguments of right-side method: `expr **|> foo(1)` is equivalent to `foo(1,**expr)`, ok, I know, crazy idea :-)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/