Issue #16789 has been reported by mooreds (Dan Moore).

Bug #16789: Compaction callback for C extensions not documented
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/16789

* Author: mooreds (Dan Moore)
* ruby -v: 2.7.1 and master
The compaction callback for C extensions not documented in the extension rdoc.

Here's the section of the C code where the callback is called, if it exists:

https://github.com/ruby/ruby/blob/master/gc.c#L8343

Here's the relevant section of the documentation:

https://github.com/ruby/ruby/blob/master/doc/extension.rdoc#label-C+struct+to+Ruby+object

There's no mention of the compaction callback, optional or not.

Is this because compaction is still a work in progress?

(Sorry for the github links, this is my first bug report. If you'd prefer links from the non mirror repo, let me know and I'll dig them up.)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/