Issue #16742 has been updated by MSP-Greg (Greg L).

> it should be false for cygwin too since it also tries to hide the fact you're on Windows.

Agreed.  I think.  I've never worked with the platform.

I've seen many gems/repos that have `.windows?`, '.darwin?`, `.jruby?`, `.mingw?`, `mswin?`, etc in their library or test code.  Adding any similar predicate methods to Ruby would be helpful.  Some use constants (RbConfig::WINDOWS, RbConfig::DARWIN, etc)...

Feature #16742: RbConfig.windows? and RbConfig.host_os