To clarify I'm not against the PR, but it seems a very niche use-case to me with no real-world example, and IMHO the documentation was clear enough.
I think #clone is about copying state, not about changing other aspects like freezing when the original wasn't.

Feature #16175: Object#clone(freeze: true) is inconsistent with Object#clone(freeze: false)

* Author: zverok (Victor Shepelev)
In #12300, the new keyword `freeze:` was introduced, allowing this:

```ruby
h = {}.freeze
h.clone.frozen?
# => true
h.clone(freeze: false).frozen?
# => false
```
Though, it turns to me that behavior is not symmetric:
```ruby
h = {}
h.frozen?
# => false
h.clone.frozen?
# => false
h.clone(freeze: true).frozen?
# => false -- I expected true here!
```
I wonder, if it is "by design" and should be addressed in docs, or just an implementation inconsistency that can be fixed?

freeze-true.patch (1.47 KB)
clone-freeze-true-16175.patch (4.42 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/