Feature #12919: Net::FTP does not have a default open_timeout

* Author: attilagyorffy (Attila Gy=F6rffy)
Hi Ruby Community,

I have noticed an issue on Twitter sent by a friend who reported that Ruby'=
s FTP module does not have a default open_timeout and it could cause a proc=
ess to hang (background workers, etc). Despite not having created a test ca=
se for this, I've seen in the docs that apparently this is in fact the case=
: http://ruby-doc.org/stdlib-2.0.0/libdoc/net/ftp/rdoc/Net/FTP.html#open_ti=
meout=3D

I'm opening this issue for further discussion. In my honest opinion, a reas=
onable default (not nil) would be a good idea to have so that we can make s=
ure processes won't hang.

What do you think?

-- =

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/