naruse (Yui NARUSE) wrote in #note-2:
> Through the discussion around CI, I reached a conclusion "Runtime environment and development environment are different".

Note that it is true for years, for instance, Windows 9x was supported as a runtime environment but not as a development environment, at least.

Misc #16671: BASERUBY version policy

* Author: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
Ruby 2.7 (MRI) requires Ruby 2.2 or later (== BASERUBY) to build from repository.
Tarball does not need any installed Ruby.
To build latest Ruby from repository, you need to build Ruby 2.2 and later from a tarball.

Can we make the BASERUBY version update policy?

# Background

To use `ISeq#to_a` (specific format) Ruby 2.2 or later is needed from Ruby 2.7.
The oldest version used by RubyCI machines was Ruby 2.2, so I determined update.
I needed to file a ticket about this version bump, sorry.

---

related: https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/16668

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/