Feature #15605: json library needs more frequent releases

* Author: headius (Charles Nutter)
* Assignee: hsbt (Hiroshi SHIBATA)
There has not been a release of the json gem since April 2017.

Unfortunately there's a long backlog of bugs and pull requests that have been sitting there, including some that prevent users from upgrading JRuby.

I think most of us who have been working on Ruby for any length of time knows that it has been difficult to get json changes released, and it's now starting to really hold back other development.

I propose that we start looking for an alternative maintainer of the library, find a way to get them push rights, and end this bottleneck.

FWIW only flori and I currently have push rights for the gem, but I do not have push rights for the repository.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/