shugo (Shugo Maeda) wrote in #note-3:
> ko1 suggested Mutex#release (new version of Mutex#sleep) for backward compatibility.

`release` sounds like `unlock` as in `acquire/release` is similar to `lock/unlock`.
So I think we need a different name there.

I'm not sure about backward compatibility, but I would think it's fine to change the return value here as probably almost nothing uses it.

Bug #16608: ConditionVariable#wait should return false when timeout exceeded