Issue #16560 has been updated by jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans).

Dan0042 (Daniel DeLorme) wrote:
> Although imho that would be the expected behavior in 3.0, and in 2.7 it should be a warning with the same behavior as 2.6.

No, in 2.7 empty keyword splats are removed in most cases without warning, that is unrelated to proc autosplatting:

```ruby
def a(b, c=0)
  [b, c]
end
h = {}
```

The cases where they aren't removed in 2.7:

* Empty keyword splat is needed for mandatory positional argument (issues a warning)
* ruby2_keywords methods so that a final positional hash before keywords is not treated as keywords by target method

Bug #16560: Proc autosplats first argument if called with one argument and empty keyword splat