Dan0042 (Daniel DeLorme) wrote:
> > matz: it should behave like zcat.  Handling each member should be deleted.
>
> Really? I agree that `Zlib::GzipReader.open` should behave like zcat, but `each_file` is a useful additional feature to have. And it's already implemented.

I was at the meeting @ko1 is talking about.  Devs at the meeting were not sure if "`each_file` is a useful additional feature to have" you say is real or not.

Do you know if there are cases when taking a random member of such gzip file is actually useful?

Bug #9790: Zlib::GzipReader only decompressed the first of concatenated files