Bug #16514: Documentation mistake for method syntax (splat/array parameter)

* Author: adamisom (Adam Isom)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v:
Hello,

In the docs for method definition syntax [here](https://github.com/ruby/ruby/blob/master/doc/syntax/methods.rdoc#arrayhash-argument) we find "The array argument must be the last positional argument".
This is, of course, what is shown on the [ruby-lang.org](https://docs.ruby-lang.org/en/2.7.0/syntax/methods_rdoc.html) and [ruby-doc.org](https://ruby-doc.org/core-2.7.0/doc/syntax/methods_rdoc.html) pages on method syntax.

This is not true. Example code (2.7)

``` ruby
def test(val1, *vals, val2)
  puts val1, vals, val2
  puts "val2: #{val2}"
end
test(3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
# test(3, [4, 5, 6], 7) # this code also works
```

Conclusion: splat/asterisk/array parameters need not be at the end.

I will point out that the documentation for Ruby 2.6.5 has the same apparent documentation mistake. The splat parameter need not go at the end for that version either. I did not test other versions.

I did not find a related issue here on bugs.ruby-lang.org when searching issues for "method syntax", "method.rdoc" or "array parameter", nor did I find a related issue searching the same terms (checking both open and closed issues) on https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pulls

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/