Feature #8709: Dir.glob should return sorted file list

* Author: tommorris (Tom Morris)
* Assignee: =

* Target version: =

On OS X, Dir.glob and Dir[] return an ordered list of files.

On Ubuntu Linux, they do not and one must manually sort them.

Returning a list of files that isn't in order fails the Principle of Least =
Astonishment.

I attach a unit test to demonstrate ideal behaviour.

globtest.rb (454 Bytes)

-- =

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/