Status changed from Feedback to Closed

Thanks!  If the pull request is merged, it will be backported to ruby/ruby.  So I close this ticket.

Feature #16502: Add option :allow_trailing_comma to JSON#parse

* Author: j.spanjers (Jan-Joost Spanjers)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
Hello everyone,

I'd like to be able to parse JSON sources that contain trailing commas in arrays and/or objects.

For example,

``` ruby
> JSON.parse('[1,2,3,]')
JSON::ParserError: 416: unexpected token at ']'
```

I have created a [pull request](https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/2831) to add the option :allow_trailing_comma to JSON#parse:

``` ruby
> JSON.parse('[1,2,3,]', allow_trailing_comma: true)
[1, 2, 3]
```

I would kindly like to ask you to consider this patch for merging in Ruby core.

Regards,
Jan-Joost Spanjers

[1] https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/2831

--