Ah, while I was writing the comment, you've updated the description with the same thoughts :)
Will fix.

Bug #16506: Documentation for `Module#const_souce_location` is wrong

* Author: sawa (Tsuyoshi Sawada)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v: 2.7
https://ruby-doc.org/core-2.7.0/Module.html#method-i-const_source_location says:

> Returns the Ruby source filename and line number containing **first** definition of constant specified.

It should be:

> Returns the Ruby source filename and line number containing the **last** definition (the effective definition) of the constant specified.

It also has an example line:

```ruby
p Object.const_source_location('A')       # => ["test.rb", 1]  -- note it is first entry, not "continuation"
```

but that may give the impression that the first-ness is due to the nature of this method. The reason `["test.rb", 1]` is returned instead of `["test.rb", 14]` is because the constant is created at line 1, and is only reopened/modified in line 14. Perhaps, this line can be changed to:

```ruby
p Object.const_source_location('A')       # => ["test.rb", 1]  -- note 'A' is created in line 1, and is only reopened/modified in "continuation"
```

Adding something like this may make it clear that it is the last definition that is returned:

```ruby
D = 'D1'
D = 'D2'
D = 'D3'

Object.const_source_location('D') # => returns the location that corresponds to 'D3'

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/