Issue #16487 has been updated by ahorek (Pavel Rosick=FD).

> Could you extend on that ? I'm not sure I understand what you mean here.

for maximum portability, you should use `-march=3Dx86-64`

in this case, even if your current CPU supports AVX, the compiler can't use=
 AVX instructions for a regular code
https://godbolt.org/z/YSNeQB
rcome this limitation seems too hacky...

@sam.saffron - a separate gem would be probably the best choice

Misc #16487: Potential for SIMD usage in ruby-core