> Representing the Hash flag as a subclass of Hash sounds nice for debugging.
> I think in that comment it got conflated with other problems, but seen as a replacement for the existing flag on Hash it sounds a good idea to me. Both `literal: keyword` and `**h` would create a KwHash.

I must admit I've been struggling with the conflation issue. I think even with the current design it would be nice if the double-splat created a KwHash. I can think of a way to optimize keyword arguments but it would require a different implementation for the keyword hashes, and it's much easier/cleaner to have a different implementation if it's tied to a different class.

At the same time (but orthogonally) a subclass would allow an approach with measurably better backward compatibility, but I realize this comes down to "compatibility vs clean design" tradeoffs and not everyone has the same beliefs and priorities. `ruby2_keywords` by default would achieve roughly the same effect by postponing this part of the migration (ideally until ruby 2.6 is EOL).

> I don't think we'd want `foo(someNonLiteralKwhash)` to call with keyword arguments though, that would be very expensive to check on every method call.

I think not any more expensive than in ruby 2.6 checking if the last positional argument is a Hash.

Feature #16463: Fixing *args-delegation in Ruby 2.7: ruby2_keywords semantics by default in 2.7.1