Status changed from Open to Closed

The IRB maintainer @aycabta has determined to remove the message.  https://github.com/ruby/ruby/commit/0e528ae9cb5c1078e4d07287e403cb548e97f0a3

Misc #16444: What is the reason for the warning of IRB?

* Author: y-yagi (Yuji Yaginuma)
* Assignee:
Ruby 2.7 always shows a warning when starting IRB. Why is this necessary?

Of course, ways to suppress the warning have been suggested.
However, libraries that extend IRB, such as `rails console` and `aruba`, may not receive arguments equivalent as IRB.
In this case, trying to run as suggested in this proposal(e.g. run `rails console` with `--legacy` argument)  will result in an error. I think this can be confusing for users.

If have not major known issues, I think we can keep the current behavior without warning. On the other hand, if there is already an issue, isn't the better for the old behavior by default?

Thanks.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/