jschleus (Jens Schleusener) wrote:
> There was now also a check done for Ruby master but since the according tarball isn't embedded into the Fossies standard services a test folder was used:
>
>  https://fossies.org/linux/test/ruby-master.tar.gz/codespell.html
> (https://fossies.org/linux/test/ruby-master-d76c8cf.191222.tar.gz/codespell.html)
>
> Additionally a codespell check was done for the new release candidate 2.7.0-rc2
>
>  https://fossies.org/linux/misc/ruby-2.7.0-rc2.tar.gz/codespell.html
>
> Here the results for the currently used codespell configuration:
> ```
>                spelling error
>  Ruby       occurences  types
>  2.6.5             583    369
>  2.7.0-rc1         463    299
>  2.7.0-rc2         362    243
>  master d76c8cf    172    122
> ```
>
> Although the numbers are not completely comparable it looks now much better!

Some are not misspells (a part of path name or URL, a person's name, an abbreviation, an API name, a part of the interface, ...), and some are intentional typos for tests.

And we generate ChangeLog from the git commit log at packaging but we don't use force-push, so typos in that file cannot be modified.

> Not really understood I have the remark
>  "Could you report other upstreams (rubygems, bundler, minitest, rake, test-unit, and unicode.org)"
>
> If that is addressed to me, I found separate tarballs only for rubygems and rake. The other mentioned ones appear to be partially contained in the main ruby tarball? Sorry, I'm not very familiar with the complete Ruby system.

Some files under gems/, lib/, spec/, test/ are imported from external gems.
* [rubygems](https://github.com/rubygems/rubygems)
* [bundler](https://github.com/bundler/bundler)
* [minitest](https://github.com/seattlerb/minitest)
* [rake](https://github.com/ruby/rake)
* [test-unit](http://test-unit.github.io/)

I had mistaken that the files under enc/trans/JIS/ are copied from Unicode.org, but they are come from [Citrus Project] which seems finished.

[Citrus Project]: http://citrus.bsdclub.org

Bug #16437: Codespell report for Ruby 2.6.5 (and 2.7.0-rc1)