Issue #16437 has been updated by jschleus (Jens Schleusener).

There was now also a check done for Ruby master but since the according tarball isn't embedded into the Fossies standard services a test folder was used:

 https://fossies.org/linux/test/ruby-master.tar.gz/codespell.html
(https://fossies.org/linux/test/ruby-master-d76c8cf.191222.tar.gz/codespell.html)

Additionally a codespell check was done for the new release candidate 2.7.0-rc2

 https://fossies.org/linux/misc/ruby-2.7.0-rc2.tar.gz/codespell.html

Here the results for the currently used codespell configuration:

               spelling error
 Ruby       occurences  types
 2.6.5             583    369
 2.7.0-rc1         463    299
 2.7.0-rc2         362    243
 master d76c8cf    172    122

Although the numbers are not completely comparable it looks now much better!

Not really understood I have the remark
 "Could you report other upstreams (rubygems, bundler, minitest, rake, test-unit, and unicode.org)"

If that is addressed to me, I found separate tarballs only for rubygems and rake. The other mentioned ones appear to be partially contained in the main ruby tarball? Sorry, I'm not very familiar with the complete Ruby system.

Bug #16437: Codespell report for Ruby 2.6.5 (and 2.7.0-rc1)