Issue #16444 has been reported by y-yagi (Yuji Yaginuma).

Misc #16444: What is the reason for the warning of IRB?
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/16444

* Author: y-yagi (Yuji Yaginuma)
* Assignee:
Ruby 2.7 always shows a warning when starting IRB. Why is this necessary?

Of course, ways to suppress the warning have been suggested.
However, libraries that extend IRB, such as `rails console` and `aruba`, may not receive arguments equivalent as IRB.
In this case, trying to run as suggested in this proposal(e.g. run `rails console` with `--legacy` argument)  will result in an error. I think this can be confusing for users.

If have major known issues, I think we can keep the current behavior without warning. On the other hand, if there is already an issue, isn't the better for the old behavior by default?

Thanks.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/