Status changed from Open to Feedback

Is there anyone who is interested in this?  I'd be happy if anyone could look through the result and create a patch.  Contribution is welcome.

@jschleus Thanks.  If possible, could you apply the checker to master?  In the tarballs, there are auto-generated files and bundled third party's code, many of which are difficult to fix.

Bug #16437: Codespell report for Ruby 2.6.5 (and 2.7.0-rc1)

* Author: jschleus (Jens Schleusener)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v: ruby 2.6.5 (2.7.0-rc1)
* Backport: 2.5: UNKNOWN, 2.6: UNKNOWN
The FOSS server fossies.org offers a new feature "Source code misspelling reports":

 https://fossies.org/features.html#codespell

Although such reports are normally only generated on request, as Fossies administrator I have just created (for testing purposes) an analysis for the current Ruby release 2.6.5:

 https://fossies.org/linux/misc/ruby/codespell.html

That version-independent URL should redirect always to the last report (if available), so currently to

 https://fossies.org/linux/misc/ruby-2.6.5.tar.gz/codespell.html

Although after a first review some obviously wrong matches ("false positives") are already filtered out (ignored) please inform me if you find more of them so that I can force a new improved check if applicable.

Just for information there are also two supplemental pages

 https://fossies.org/linux/misc/ruby/codespell_conf.html

showing some used "codespell" configurations and

 https://fossies.org/linux/misc/ruby/codespell_fps.html

showing all resulting obvious "false positives".

Since a lot of spelling errors seem recently been fixed a similar check was done also for the new release candidate 2.7.0-rc1

 https://fossies.org/linux/misc/ruby-2.7.0-rc1.tar.gz/codespell.html

Jens

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/