Issue #16427 has been updated by vo.x (Vit Ondruch).

rbjl (Jan Lelis) wrote:
> Then, a good configuration for the cloud could be this?
>
>     $ ruby --disable-did_you_mean -e "p defined? DidYouMean" # => nil

It should probably be `$ RUBYOPT=--disable-did_you_mean ruby -e "p defined? DidYouMean" # => nil` because env variables are typically easier to configure without touching any scripts. Nevertheless it does not address the "disk consumption" concern. I also previously forgot to mention possible increased network bandwidth required to build and distribute the cloud image.

Bug #16427: Revert did_you_mean promotion to default gem.