On Sun, Dec 15, 2019 at 5:49 AM <eregontp / gmail.com> wrote:

> Issue #15966 has been updated by Eregon (Benoit Daloze).
>

> I was also disappointed flip-flops are allowed again, based on just a few
> comments, even though it's such a niche feature basically only used to
> select a subset of contiguous lines with hidden state. How often does one
> need that?

Literally this is the paragraph that describes the entire mess that it
going on now. WHO CARES if flip flops exist?

It seems like the entire conversation, and countless others here lately,
are one group of esoteric, strange, wild, and wacky ways of writing code
fighting against another group of esoteric, strange, wild and wacky ways of
writing code.

I mean people report 1,000,000+ lines of depreciation warnings (and that
report is filled with threats and bullying and rage and unfriendliness and
everything else under the sun) and everyone is fine to charge right down
the pipe of a change that exists, yet again, only to handle strange wild
and wacky ways of calling a method.

The difference between _1 or @1 or whatever else vs a, b, c, d is literally
staggering. Oh no, I have to type |a| the horror - but again 1,000,000+
lines of depreciation warnings - LETS GO! The single first letter of the
alphabet vs _1 - not much difference there....

The 99.9% of developers actually using the language could care less about
all this nonsense - but we'll just slam them come 2.7 with line after line
of depreciation garbage to accommodate someone's strange way of calling a
method.

It would be lovely if the entire lot of these changes could be removed -
again the 99.9% of us would be rather happy to just coast right along with
our working code - quite happy to move right along

John W Higgins
(supressed text/html)