Status changed from Open to Rejected

I know trailing `...` can be very useful from C experience. But the primary purpose of Ruby `...` is method delegation. We are not going to extend the role of `...` in the language (at least for now).

Matz.

Feature #16378: Support leading arguments together with ...

* Author: Eregon (Benoit Daloze)
* Assignee:
* Target version: 2.7
I think this is very important, otherwise `...` can be used only very rarely.

For instance, `method_missing` typically want to access the method name like:
```ruby
def method_missing(name, ...)
  if name.to_s.end_with?('?')
    self[name]
  else
    fallback(name, ...)
```

See the original feature: https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/16253#note-19.
I think most people expect `def method_missing(name, ...)` to work.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/