Issue #16276 has been updated by adh1003 (Andrew Hodgkinson).

shyouhei (Shyouhei Urabe) wrote:

> I can think of other cursed usages of private taking a block.

Then it is fortunate, is it not, that this is _not what I am proposing_. Wh=
at I said was, I thought very clearly:

> ...support a block-like syntax...

...with some very specific limitations which were precisely due to the horr=
ible rat's nest if this were truly a block, a yieldable thing, rather than =
just syntax sugar.

I'm just asking for a very Ruby-like, clear, simple syntax extension that m=
akes it obvious when a bunch of things are collected inside a specific visi=
bility scope, in passing cleaning up nasty messes like "private_class_metho=
d" and solving a couple of (minor) formatting wars in passing.

Feature #16276: For consideration: "private do...end" / "protected do...end"