naruse (Yui NARUSE) wrote:
> shyouhei (Shyouhei Urabe) wrote:
> > I'm not in favor of this.  There are many ways to allocate a memory region, like mmap(2).  Do we have to provide ruby counterparts for every and all of them?
>
> rb_aligned_malloc uses 5 underlying implementations.
> It's hard to make C-extension developer to re-develop this.

In case of this request, ImageMagick already _does_ have aligned allocator.  If we provide one we would use any of 5 backends but that is not required at all.  They already have it.  What is wanted is a way to notify ruby about their memory usage.

Feature #16290: Add Ruby C API to acquire aligned memory