shyouhei (Shyouhei Urabe) wrote:
> I'm not in favor of this.  There are many ways to allocate a memory region, like mmap(2).  Do we have to provide ruby counterparts for every and all of them?

rb_aligned_malloc uses 5 underlying implementations.
It's hard to make C-extension developer to re-develop this.
It sounds reasonable to make public this implementation.
https://github.com/ruby/ruby/blob/853d91a04a4d133fc90b35c90570dc1c656a7922/gc.c#L9736-L9761

We don't have mmap(2) wrapper.

Feature #16290: Add Ruby C API to acquire aligned memory