Issue #11660 has been updated by decuplet (Nikita Shilnikov).

The "penalty" I pay for this is one line of code like `period = Undefined.default(period, :day)`. Given this doesn't occur very often I don't see how "compiler support" would be beneficial.

Feature #11660: a falsy value (similar to js undefined) that facilitates forwarding of default arguments

* Author: bughit (bug hit)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
I'll call it "missing" here.  Consider the following scenario:

```ruby
def foo(default1 = some_expression)
end

def bar(default1 = some_expression)
  foo default1
end

def foobar(default1 = some_expression)
  bar default1
end
```

if you had "missing":

```ruby
def foo(default1 = some_expression)
end

def bar(default1 = missing)
  foo default1
end

def foobar(default1 = missing)
  bar default1
end
```
missing passed as arg would be ignored (as if it wasn't passed at all)
and you wouldn't have to repeat the default value expression in every method

I believe that's how undefined works in js6 with respect to default args

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/