Issue #16253 has been updated by baweaver (Brandon Weaver).

Going to do a writeup on this later tonight if anyone wants to proof-read it, it'll be interesting to see what the wider community thinks but I really like it.

Also really loving the attention to detail Jeremy's been giving lately, really helps to clear up details.

Feature #16253: Shorthand "forward everything" syntax

* Author: Dan0042 (Daniel DeLorme)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
What about using this:

```ruby
  def foo(*)
    @bar.foo(*)
```

to mean this:

```ruby
  def foo(*a, **o, &b)
    @bar.foo(*a, **o, &b)
```

I used `def foo(*)` because that's currently valid ruby code, but I'm fine with any syntax.

It's like the no-parentheses `super` shorthand, but for any method.

It makes it easier to write correct forwarding code.

If rubyists must be told they have to change their forwarding code in 2.7 (due to keyword arguments), the pill might be easier to swallow if the change is a reduction rather than an increase in verbosity.

And we'd even be future-proof if an eventual FOURTH kind of parameter is introduced!!!!

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/