Issue #16235 has been updated by burdettelamar / yahoo.com (Burdette Lamar).

Have put this up as a PR, so we're done here.

Misc #16235: ENV.assoc spec test does not test invalid name

* Author: burdettelamar / yahoo.com (Burdette Lamar)
* Assignee:
The most important thing here is an added test for an invalid name argument to ENV.assoc, which should raise TypeError.

I've also added to spec_helper.rb:

- Methods :reserve_names and :release_names, to reserve and release names used in the test.
- Method :mock_to_str, to return a mock object that responds to :to_str.

The updated assoc_spec.rb uses all of these, as will many other spec tests for ENV, as I get to them.

It's known that some of the ENV spec tests do not test a method's return value, and that some do not test error conditions (as above), so more to come.  All in good time.

t.diff (2.24 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/