Issue #16241 has been reported by palkan (Vladimir Dementyev).

Feature #16241: Shorter syntax for anonymous refinements
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/16241

* Author: palkan (Vladimir Dementyev)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
The original discussion is here https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/14344.

tl;dr
- Refinements are often used in-place with anonymous modules
- Having shorter syntax could lower the barrier of entry for Rubyist wanting to explore this feature
- Previous syntax suggestions were not accepted.

I suggest adding a shorter syntax (technically, API):

```ruby
# before
using(Module.new do
  refine Array do
    def foo;"bar";end
  end
end)

# after
refining Array do
  def foo; "bar"; end
end
```

The original idea was to use `using_refined` instead of `refining` but after discussing with Matz we decided that it's too verbose, and `refining` seems better. But is it good enough? Any thoughts?

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/