Issue #16233 has been updated by gabuscus (Gabriel Nagy).

duerst (Martin D=FCrst) wrote:
> If codepage 720 is not supported, then we should look at supporting it.

fair point, however investigation on this Puppet ticket: https://tickets.pu=
ppetlabs.com/browse/PA-2191 concluded that falling back to UTF-8 fixes the =
issue (for codepage 720 at least). we could also check the codepage when ca=
tching the ArgumentError so we fallback only in that case

Bug #16233: winruby UTF8 Fallback for no CodePage