Issue #16100 has been updated by jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans).

Status changed from Open to Closed

prebsch (Patrick Rebsch) wrote:
> The source code makes it clear that the argument-less version is dependent upon a scope. So if I understand you correctly, the call to `super` in `Parent` is what would be calling this, and since that is in the scope of `Parent`, the originating call from `Child_1` doesn't work because the scope doesn't match?

Sorry for taking a long time to respond.  Yes, the `Child1.private` call sets the `private` scope visibility in the `Parent` scope, because that is the current scope when `super` is called in `Parent.private`.

I'm going to close this now, as I don't think this behavior is a bug.

Bug #16100: Visibility modifiers don't call super correctly when overridden in alternative ways