Misc #16172: C++ situation?

* Author: shyouhei (Shyouhei Urabe)
* Assignee:
(This issue is MRI specific)

Few weeks ago I pushed a minimalist C++ compatibility layer to the master branch.  Then Nobu pushed his MakeMakefile::CXX implementation.  It seems our C++ support got suddenly improved.  What is our current stance?  Are the commits just episodic events that was never meant to change something?  Or is it okay to say we think people can write their extension libraries in C++?  Do we plan to have some CI to test C++ extensions then?

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/