Issue #16162 has been reported by e.kostandini / forward.al (Ervin Kostandini).

Bug #16162: Resque::DirtyExit - Child process received unhandled signal  (You may have encountered a bug in the Ruby interpreter or extension libraries)
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/16162

* Author: e.kostandini / forward.al (Ervin Kostandini)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v:
* Backport: 2.5: UNKNOWN, 2.6: UNKNOWN
My background jobs are all failing with the following error Resque::DirtyExit Child process received unhandled signal. After I restart the server they work for some minutes and then start failing. If I run the single jobs from Resque-schedule, they work fine.

My background jobs are all failing with the following error Resque::DirtyExit Child process received unhandled signal. After I restart the server they work for some minutes and then start failing. If I run the single jobs from Resque-schedule, they work fine.

Below is a part of the output of the resque-pool.stderr.log:

I've tried reducing the number of jobs to only one that only logs to a file, but the error persists. I've also tried rebuilding the AWS server instance and the redis instance but the error is still there.

System details:
- Server instance: AWS linux version ( 4.14.88-72.76.amzn1.x86_64)
- Resque version: 1.27.4
- Redis: AWS elastic cache
- ruby: 2.3.8
- rails: 4.2