On 11/8/06, Nikolai Weibull <now / bitwi.se> wrote:
> On 11/8/06, Austin Ziegler <halostatue / gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Do you think that distributed repository will not be useful for adding
> > > new libs to standart library or make a global redesign in ruby core? I
> > > think it's very similar to kernel development process(adding new
> > > drivers and changing internal interfaces).
> >
> > I think exactly that. IME, distributed SCMs are wasteful of resources
> > most of the time.
> > I'd *almost* prefer to see Ruby move to p4 than any distributed SCM.
> > (And yes, I know it's a proprietary product. Ruby, however, being an
> > open source project, would qualify for open source licensing.)
>
> And I'd *almost* wish people would just shut the fuck up and drop this
> fucking retarded discussion that's leading us fucking nowhere.  It's
> obvious that some people prefer Git, some Monotone, some Subversion,
> and obviously some *almost* prefer Perforce.  It's also obvious that
> it's up to the project maintainers to decide what fucking tool they
> fucking want to use.  I'm sure that if they find Subversion to be
> fucked up (and I'm sure they will, sooner or later) we can have this
> stupid fucking discussion at that point.  It's not like we're locking
> Ruby into Subversion prison indefinitely.  So can we please fucking
> leave it at that and stop wasting precious fucking discussion and get
> back to Symbols and Strings?

Please don't limit people to your own views of what is appropriate.
This thread is about civilized discussion. I got a few interesting
points of view from it. If you feel like you _really_ need to invade a
thread and kill it, please at least do so with the civility that was
already present before that.

I know Ruby-core has usually been a very focussed list. I am sorry for
helping this spin off so far but I am surely not sorry for the
enjoyable exchange I was able to have in the mean time.

Thanks for your patience,
Brian.